Our Frequently asked questions are a great resource for anyone looking for information about the Lycoming SPCA and our operations. Still having trouble finding your answer? Contact our office and speak with our team.

Capacity of Care *NEW*

To address the growing issues involving illegal and unwanted animal drop-offs and to prevent our shelter from being unsafely over capacity, we have adopted a “Capacity of Care”. We understand this makes some significant changes to our availbility to accept stray animals and how many animals we house at our shelter, this policy adopts the national standard for animal shelters and places the safety and care of our animals and staff at the forefront of our operations. Follow this link to view our procedure regarding capacity of care

Stay Cats *NEW*

Many of us have been there, you’re outside and come across stay kittens or a mom and just aren’t sure what, if anything, you should do. Here is a great resource on how you should respond when coming across stay kittens  Alley Cat Allies.

Who is our Dog Warden

The Dog Warden is not managed or associated with the Lycoming County SPCA. For current information regarding the Lycoming County  Dog Warden and how to contact them, follow this link to visit the Pennsylvania Dog Warden & Supervisor page. Dog Wardens are managed by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.  https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Animals/DogLaw/Dog-wardens/Pages/County-Map.aspx

Are you associated with any other organizations?

No, the Lycoming County SPCA is an independently operated organization and is not a member of the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) or PSPCA (Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) nor do we receive funding from them.

How do you fund your operations?

The Lycoming County SPCA is privately funded by grants, donors, members, and businesses. We also operate through partnerships with local municipalities for services rendered.

How can I make a donation?

Donations/contributions can be made online, in-person, over the phone, or through the mail.

What types of donations are accepted?

The Lycoming County SPCA accepts monetary donations in the follow forms:

For more information, or other potential ways to donate, please contact our Joel Harris, our Director of Development.

What is your mailing address?

Communications and contributions can be sent to:

Lycoming County SPCA

2805 Reach Rd.

Williamsport, PA 17701

How do I become an animal Foster?

Follow this link to our animal foster page to complete an application and a member of our team will be in touch.

How do I become a volunteer?

Follow the link to our volunteer page to complete and application and a member of our team will be in touch.

Do you accept donated items?

Yes, we accept all unopened items in the form of toys, food, litter, blankets, cleaning supplies, & more. To donate an identified item, you can follow this link and view our wish list items. Items can be dropped-off during business hours or mailed to our mailing address. (see “What is your mailing address”)

Does the Lycoming County SPCA receive government funding?

No, the Lycoming County SPCA is privately managed & funded. (for more information see “ How do you fund your operation”)

How do I visit an animal?

Our cats are available to visit on site, during normal operating hours. For the health and safety of our dogs, an application must be submitted to see a particular dog in person. To view all available animals visit our adoption page on our website.

How do I know if my adoption application was approved?

Once your application is approved, our team will review them and we will be in contact with you.

What is the process for adopting?

Step 1: Complete the pre-adoption paperwork. To access the paperwork, choose a pet you are interested in from the Lycoming County SPCA website. Next, click on the “Adopt Me” button in the pet’s profile. Next, you will create an online account through adopets.com to process your paperwork.

Step 2: If you are adopting a dog, you may be asked to bring any dogs that you already have at home to the SPCA to meet the shelter dog.

Step 3: Make sure all family members have an opportunity to meet the new pet.

Step 4: Get your landlord’s permission.

Step 5: Agree to have the animal spayed or neutered, provide good care and a loving home.

Step 6: Pay the fees by credit card, debit card, cash, or check

Step 7: Enjoy the unconditional love of your new pet.

How do I become a member of the Lycoming County SPCA?

Memberships can be purchased online through our membership page, or at our office during operating hours. Our individual membership levels start at $45 annually and our corporate memberships start at $500 annually.

How do I report Cruelty?

To report suspected cruelty, you need to call our office during normal operating hours (570) 322-4646 and speak with a member of our team. Ensure you have all information and have your contact information ready to provide. Important: suspected cruelty cannot be reported, or accepted through e-mail, webchat, or Facebook Messenger.

What Services do you offer?

We offer many services, but our primary ones are cat, dog, & small animal adoptions, low-income spay/neuter vouchers for cats, low-income euthanasia, low-cost cremations, animal cemetery, cruelty investigations, & more. Fore more information, visit our services page.

How do I find out more information about your pet cemetery?

Contact our office and we will answer any question you have and provide you additional information.

Do you offer clinics?

No, at this time we do not offer clinics to the public, but we are always adapting our programs so continue to follow our  Facebook page & website to keep up-to-date with our current services.

How often are tribute notices sent out?

To prevent over mailing over mail of notices and to be cautious of increasing postal costs, due to inflation, we mail Tribute notices to donors and families every two weeks. Arrival time various by destination location and USPS operations. For faster delivery time, email options are available (email addresses must be provided for this option)>