Pets available for adoption
The Lycoming County SPCA has many wonderful dogs and cats available for adoption. At times, we also have many other domestic animals available. Our adoption process is in place for the best interest of our animals. We may require additional steps in our process such as a home visit, permission from parents, or other additional requests. We appreciate your patience as we complete your adoption.
Before adding a new member to your family, please consider the following:
- Many pets live 10 to 15 years. How old will you be? How old will your children be?
- Is there a chance you could move in the next 10 years? Are you willing to restrict your choice of housing to accommodate a pet?
- If the pet is for a child are you willing to assume the care of the pet? Children must have parental guidance to care for a pet regardless of their age.
- Each breed of animal has genetic characteristics that need to be considered. Have you researched the breed that you are interested in?
- Are you financially prepared for a pet? Consider the following expenses: spaying or neutering, basic veterinary care, flea preventative, heart worm preventative, license, food, grooming.
If you feel you are ready to make a commitment to care for a new pet you must complete the following:
- Step 1: Complete the pre-adoption paperwork.
Dog Adoption Paperwork
Cat Adoption Paperwork
Small & Furry Adoption Paperwork
- Step 2: If you are adopting a dog, bring any dogs that you already have at home to the SPCA to meet the shelter dog.
- Step 3: Make sure all family members have an opportunity to meet the new pet.
- Step 4: Get your landlord’s permission.
- Step 5: Agree to have the animal spayed or neutered, provide good care and a loving home.
- Step 6: Pay the fees by cash or check, tax is additional. We do not currently accept credit or debit cards. Discounts are given for animals that have been here for 30 days or more.
List of Fees
- Step 7: Enjoy the unconditional love of your new pet.